Security Officer/ Hospital Porter
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team at Heart Security Services Ltd.
For this particular vacancy, we are not only looking for a Security Officer, but to recruit a suitable candidate to undergo vigorous, site specific training for a Portering Vacancy within a Secure Hospital environment.
As covering the Hospital shifts will be on an ad-hoc basis, you will be also deployed to our other sites (within a 24 mile radius of our office) to undertake various roles within Security Services (gatehouse, monitoring vehicles, securing builldings and premises).
In the Security Industry we work weekends and unsociable hours, you must be prepared for and happy to accept this.
You must have an excellent attitude towards customer service and be genuinely committed to upholding our Company Values – please read our Mission Statement online.
We are a small Company and we behave as a team and support one another with a focus of delivering the best service for our Clients.
This role is based in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire and will involve working weekends and Bank Holidays as these are usually our busiest times.
Key Responsibilities for the Hospital Porter include:
- Assist with any Security requirements/emergencies as they arise
- Delivering incoming mail and parcels to Hospital Departments and wards
- Delivering clean linen and medication to different wards
- Moving furniture and medical equipment safely
- Checking fridge temperatures
- Delivering and collecting food trollies
- Building and external patrols and defect monitoring/reporting
Key Responsibilities for the Security Officer include:
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Conducting patrols and promoting procedural security
- Facilitating access and egress
- Monitoring CCTV
- Welcoming visitors with a warm and professional approach
- Booking in, directing and accompanying visitors where necessary
- Completing necessary reports to a high standard
- Working with the public and employees to provide the highest levels of Customer Service.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
- Possess a Valid SIA Licence – ideally Door Supervisor and/or with CCTV addition
- You must be enthusiastic and honest with a high level of integrity
- You need to have a smart and professional appearance
- You will ideally have a full UK driving licence
- You need to be physically fit for walking/standing for long periods of time
- Working for an Award Winning local Business
- Access to full Induction and Training options
- Employee Assistance Program
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for advancement
- 24 hour operational support
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.72 – £9.00 /hour (dependent on which site you are working at )